Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Eat, drink and be scary.

If I didn't already have plans to go to NC this weekend for Halloween....I'd be planning a Halloween dinner/party. I love planning and decorating.... in fact I've planned my entire wedding already (and I'm not even engaged) Crazy? hmm... maybe. I like to call it... prepared. lol. Any who... I thought I'd share with everyone really awesome party foods... or even just Halloween dinner for your kids. I mean, come on... it's only 1 night a year when feeding your children mummy hot dogs is acceptable in society.


Puking Pumpkin:


This could be the easiest (and grossest) appetizer ever... and makes an amazing centerpiece. Just carve a pumpkin to look like he's puking... squinted eyes and open mouth. Puke can be made from almost any dip.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Guacamole

Chilli-Cheese Dip




Mummy Dogs

A little less gross than puking pumpkins, but very adorable ... MUMMY DOGS!


  1. Just take 1 can of refrigerated breadstick dough or croissant dough and cut into thin strips.
  2. Wrap around hotdogs (cut in half) or mini sausages. LEAVE OPENING FOR EYES!!! Cut a tiny slit into hot dogs and place 2 peppercorns for eyes.
  3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  4. Place on cookie sheet.
  5. Follow baking directions for breadstricks/croissants until golden brown. Serve with Ketchup.

Chocolate Covered Spiders

When I was little, I remember going to PawPaw's house and Shirley would make chocolate haystacks. I thought they looked like chocolate covered spiders. So this would be a great treat for anytime of the year, especially Halloween.

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. butter
2 cups chow mein noodles

1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave- safe container. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute.
3. Stir, and repeat, if necessary, until chocolate is melted.
4. Add chow mein noodles to chocolate mixture, and stir until well-coated.
5. Spoon tablespoonful of the mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.


Other Great Party Food Ideas:

Oysters served in shot glasses make great guts or ghost mucus









Wings can be advertised as "Bat Wings"






Mashed Potatoes can be piped (using a large tip and bag for icing cakes) into ghost. Peppercorns for eyes.











Ribs can be displayed with a halved red pepper as a "heart."




That's all I have for today, I'm about to head over to my old neighborhood to help kids carve pumpkins, pictures coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment